Situated just 5 minutes from Bamboo's Knysna Accommodation is the Pezula Championship Golf Course in the beautiful town of Knysna in the Western Cape. The 18-hole Golf course- which was designed by David Dale and Ronald Fream of GolfPlan USA- was awarded the “Best New Golf Course in South Africa” just after opening in 2001. In February 2005 Compleat Golfer rated Pezula Golf Course a 5-star golfing experience (among other awards, see below for more)- and with such immaculate fairways and greens, it’s not hard to imagine why.
The Pezula Golf Course is admittedly one of the most scenic courses in the world, situated atop a beautiful mountain the golf course overlooks the Indian Ocean (as well as, The Knysna Estuary, Leisure Isle, Thesen Island, The Heads and the town of Knysna) and possesses one of the greatest golfing locations on the African Continent– it is an idyllic way to spend an afternoon, indeed, a whole day. But don’t be fooled! It is also one of the most difficult courses in South Africa. Adverse conditions (such as high winds) urge the golfer to play his or her best hand. Check out weather statistics here: Pezula Rainfall Figures , also take a look at this webcam taken from The Heads, it will give you a good idea of what your golfing day will look like, The Heads WebCam.
Before and after golfing is also 5-star experience. The Club House facilities offer guests an expansive terrace with magnificent views. It hosts a restaurant offering snacks and full-course meals; there’s fully-stocked bar too, have a drink to your successful (or unsuccessful!) game here. On the premises, for the convenience of tourists travelling from afar, there is a golf shop which stocks everything that’s needed to play a game of golf as well as a few extra bit and bobs. Just below the terrace is a game practice and putting green. Looking for a golf cart? Golf carts are obligatory (there’s no roughing it at Pezula!) and the resort's carts are fully equipped with GPS systems and computerized scoring. Score!
Feel like going the extra mile for making your experience extra-ordinary? The Members Lounge has a private bar and sitting area and library.
- Covering 254 hectares on the Knysna cliff-tops. Par for the course is 72.
- It is designed to include a full range of shots, making it a challenging, rewarding and complete golf experience for players of all levels. Signature holes have been earmarked as the 13th and 14th.
- The average round takes 4 hours 50 minutes, including a half-way break.
Convinced? Click on this link for the Pezula Visitors Golf Rates.
OR are you looking for something a little more permanent? Click here for Pezula Membership Details.
PEZULA GOLF CLUB AWARDS
- 2010 The Worlds Best Golf Resorts – Primelocation.com Pezula ranks No 7 in the World
- 2008 VIP International Traveller Readers' Travel Awards - One of the Top Three Outstanding Golf Resorts Worldwide
- 2009/2008/2007/2006/2005 Compleat Golfer - Five Star Golf Experience
- 2006 Compleat Golfer - Pezula rated 4th out of "The 20 Most Beautiful Courses in South Africa"
- 2006 VIP International Traveller Readers' Travel Awards - Most Outstanding Golf Resort Worldwide
- Golf Digest 2006 - Pezula rated 14th for 2005
- 2001 Golf Digest - Best New Golf Course
Golf Pros Tip
Now, you’re good at golf- everyone can see - but there’s no harm in taking a look at a Pros advice. Apparently, it’s all about the grip, follow this link to find a step by step picture Manuel: Pezula Golf Pro Tips.
Pezula Championship Golf Course Contact Details:
Tel: +27 (0) 44 302 5301
Fax: +27 (0) 44 384 1277
OR for a more comprehensive contact list, including numbers of the Club Captain, Administration, Golf Shop, Golf Bookings, Accounts etc… follow this link , Contact Pezula.
WE AT BAMBOO GUEST HOUSE WISH YOU A PLEASANT GOLFING EXPERIENCE!