Bamboo, the Guest House is the perfect base for those golfers wishing to test their skills on some of the wonderful courses on the Garden Route. Whatever your handicap may be a suitable course is but a short drive away from our Knysna Accommodation.
Knysna itself is home to three fantastic golf courses:
- Knysna Golf Club is literally just around the corner from Bamboo, the Guest House. The Knysna Golf Course consists of flattish, tree lined fairways and excellent bent grass greens – broken by tidal pools and channels and superb bunkers. The new Club House has just opened after a fire destroyed its predecessor last year.
- The award winning Pezula Championship Course is a five minute drive from Bamboo, the Guest House. One of the most scenic courses globally, Pezula sits atop the famous Knysna Heads commanding spectacular views of Knysna Lagoon and the Outeniqua Mountains as well as the Indian Ocean. The varied topography of the course provides the golfer with an unforgettable challenge, including dramatic downhill holes.
- Simola Golf Course, a Jack Nicklaus signature course, is situated on the outskirts of Knysna just a 10 minute drive from Bamboo, the Guest House. Sheltered from the coastal winds by high ridges, each hole at Simola offers golfers exceptional views over the Knysna Lagoon, the Knysna Heads or the Knysna River. A feature of the course is the unusual combination of five memorable par 3s and five par 5s.
Plettenberg Bay, some 35km from Bamboo, the Guest House features two fine golf courses:
- Plettenberg Bay Country Club has an 18 hole parklands golf course situated in the picturesque Piesang Valley. This attractive course, set in a private nature reserve, is extremely busy over holiday periods when booking is essential. This hilly course is easy to walk and is not spoilt by intrusive houses or traffic noise.
- The Goose Valley Golf Club just outside town borders on the beautiful Keurbooms Lagoon. The Club features a magnificent Gary Player-designed course with breathtaking views over the lagoon, the Indian Ocean, the Tsitsikamma Mountains and the iconic Robberg Peninsula. The course is situated on sand dunes, allowing for play even after heavy rains.
George, some 70km from Bamboo, the Guest House, offers golfers a choice of four great golf courses:
- Kingswood Championship Golf Course, built on a rolling landscape, features challenging geotextile bunkers and superb greens. Some greens are elevated, further testing golfers. The course affords dramatic views of the surrounding Outeniqua Mountains.
- George Golf Course is a beautifully manicured course featuring bent grass greens. The Club House features a lounge with a verandah, offering spectacular views over the golf course.
- Oubaai, a challenging Links course just outside George, was the first Ernie Els-signature course in South Africa. The course is long and wind can be real factor in one’s game. Five par 3s and five par 5s are another feature of Oubaai.
- Fancourt, South Africa’s premier golf resort, features 3 magnificent Championship golf courses. Play is restricted to Members and their guests as well as hotel guests.
The courses mentioned above are certain to keep the most avid golfer busy. Golfing visitors to Bamboo, the Guest House, Accommodation Knysna, should have no problem finding the perfect golf course to test their skills.